Alcoholics Anonymous Central Coast NSW
Call AA 24 hours a day 7 Days a week
For Newcastle area: http://www.newcastle-aa.org.au/
Contact AA offices throughout Australia http://www.aa.org.au/contact-central-service-offices.php
Gosford - Central Coast
6/12 William St Gosford NSW 2250 (William court Off Paul Lane opposite Kibble park)
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
(02) 4323 3890
This site is constantly be updated and your input would be appreciated please contact the Gosford Office to let us know what we could put in this site.
Monday to Friday 10:00am - 4:00 pm
Saturday 10am to 1 pm
What is Intergroup/CSO
What is a Central Service Office?
A Central Service Office (CSO) is an AA service office that involves partnership among Groups in a community, just as AA Groups themselves are partnerships of individuals. It is established to do certain functions common to all the Groups, functions which are best handle by a centralised office, and it is usually maintained, supervised and supported by these Groups in their own general interest. It exists to aid the Groups in their common primary purpose of carrying the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
The Functions of a CSO
AA's experience has clearly demonstrated that central offices are essential particularly in populous areas, and there are close to 500 of them functioning around the world, performing vital AA services. Needless to say, these constitute a network of service outlets and AA contacts for which we should be very grateful. Sometimes, however, CSO ventures have bogged down in disputes over money, authority and like matters and have thus become less effective in carrying the AA message. It is not always clear why these troubles have arisen, but often it has been because the proper functions of a CSO were not clearly explained or understood, or because there was some disregard of the principles inherent in AA's Twelve Traditions.
So the following suggestions have been made to outline the basic services a central office might offer:
1) A.A. Inquiries: By providing an Alcoholics Anonymous listing in the local telephone directory, the central service office may receive inquiries from those seeking help. They will refer the caller to a nearby A.A. group, where sponsorship may be arranged, or have a twelfth stepper contact them. Many local A.A. offices now have their own Web site.
2) Office Facilities: The central office can maintain a conveniently located office in which volunteers and/or paid workers are available to carry the message of A.A. to the alcoholic.
3) Meeting Lists and Other Literature: At regular intervals, the central office may publish and distribute up-to-date lists of meetings and other information about local A.A. services. Many intergroup/ central offices sell A.A. Conference-approved literature for the convenience of local groups.
4) Information Exchange: The service office may function as a clearinghouse for the circulation and exchange of information among all the A.A. groups in the community.
5) Local A.A. Events: An A.A. central office is a logical body to manage the details of an annual dinner, picnic, convention or rally, if the participating groups wish it.
Intergroup/Gosford Central Office consists of and is operated by the groups on the Central coast from the Peninsula to Morisset
Each group is asked to send a Central Office Delegate to the quarterly meetings held, where all delegates are invited to attend, so their group has a voice.
From among these delegates, representatives are elected and become an Operating Committee to administer the activities of the Office.
office committee is made up of members from all groups and a monthly meeting
is held on the 2nd Monday at 6:30pm ,
Intergroup and its office are supported by the voluntary contributions of the individual members and the AA groups.
IS YOUR GROUP REPRESENTED?
If not, you should consider it, so that your group can have the voice it deserves in operating our Intergroup/Central Office.
We always want volunteers to help man the office and answer the phone.
Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. has not approved, endorsed, or reviewed this website, nor is it affiliated with it,. No copyrighted material shall be purposefully posted herein without the express permission of those individuals or institutions possessing ownership of said copyrights. Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and The Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services Inc.